BlueTail Technologies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BTT
BTT
Admin

Nano overheating issue. - Page 2 Empty Re: Nano overheating issue.

Sun Jun 23, 2024 1:47 pm
Cheif wrote:The temperature on the 100% brightness is 114.8F. The other one set at 40% brightness is 114.4F. The buck regulator running both is 127.9F. Outside temperature 94F. Both units are in a box so they're is no draft.

scannerboy02 wrote:I received the regulators a few hours ago and they have been operational since then with no issues.

Thank you for always being willing to make things right!

Thank you for testing!  Let me know if you find that the audo ends up having any digital noise with the buck regulator inline. I am going to modify the regulator to have a slightly higher output voltage. It will be a less efficient solution, but it should work for everyone with various USB supplies (hopefully).
Cheif

Sun Jun 23, 2024 2:01 pm
The buck regulator has no hum with either one of my Nanos usb or battery power. Been running 24 hours now no lockups.

BTT likes this post

N9ihx

Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:59 am
Went thru around 10 different power supplies. Tested them all on my oscilloscope finally found one that almost eliminates all the noise. Turns out it was a slightly lower voltage one. Noise wise they all seemed about the same.
Most of the power supplies created the hum on the Nano.
BTT
BTT
Admin

Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:17 am
N9ihx wrote:Went thru around 10 different power supplies. Tested them all on my oscilloscope finally found one that almost eliminates all the noise. Turns out it was a slightly lower voltage one. Noise wise they all seemed about the same.

You have a replacement regulator on the way. USPS has it. Hopefully, it will eliminate the issue you are seeing. Thanks for testing more supplies.

Cheif likes this post

N9ihx

Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:21 am
BTT wrote:
N9ihx wrote:Went thru around 10 different power supplies. Tested them all on my oscilloscope finally found one that almost eliminates all the noise. Turns out it was a slightly lower voltage one. Noise wise they all seemed about the same.

You have a replacement regulator on the way. USPS has it. Hopefully, it will eliminate the issue you are seeing. Thanks for testing more supplies.

Ok thanks no problem just wanted to see if anything would make a difference.

Last edited by N9ihx on Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total

BTT and Cheif like this post

N9ihx

Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:14 am
N9ihx wrote:
BTT wrote:
[/

Ok thanks no problem just wanted to if anything would make a difference.

Got the new regulator this morning Nano has been running for several hours with no hum and hasn’t cut out yet so I think we are good. Will let it run for awhile and see what happens but looking like the fix works.

BTT and Cheif like this post

BTT
BTT
Admin

Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:21 am
N9ihx wrote:
Got the new regulator this morning Nano has been running for several hours with no hum and hasn’t cut out yet so I think we are good. Will let it run for awhile and see what happens but looking like the fix works.

Thank you for the update. Glad to hear it is working now!
Cheif

Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:55 pm
Did some road testing the Nano sitting in a hot car for a hour running did not freeze up, it did before with out the buck regulator. Working good no hum in the car audio.

BTT likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum