BlueTail Technologies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
mbenjamin722

Seeed Wio Issue (Non-Responsive) Empty Seeed Wio Issue (Non-Responsive)

Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:10 am
I hadn't used my Wio in awhile, and got it hooked up yesterday, but I'm noticing that the Wio is randomly being unresponsive, I.e. buttons are nonfunctional, screen is freezing up, (both blank and with info on the screen). Often when this happens it 'bricks' the P25 as well.
A restart of the Wio will usually get it working again, but not for any length of time. Besides my Wio getting damaged, (possible but doubtful) has anyone had any issues like this? I was also thinking possibly a bad USB-C cable, although I've had no problems with the cable before...is the P25 finicky with USB cables is I guess another answer I was wondering.
Thanks for any insight, -Michael
Goldmyne99

Seeed Wio Issue (Non-Responsive) Empty Re: Seeed Wio Issue (Non-Responsive)

Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:32 am
If the usb connection is good, it could be 5v power supply related.
mbenjamin722

Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:51 am
Gotcha....didn't think of that, will put it on a different supply, thanks for the suggestion!
mbenjamin722

Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:59 am
Thanks goldmyne99, that seems to be the fix! Surprised b/c I was running it off an Anker USB hub, I wouldn't have suspected a voltage issue...now that's it's running off an independent USB charger, it's running smoothly.

BTT likes this post

Goldmyne99

Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:08 pm
mbenjamin722 wrote:Thanks goldmyne99, that seems to be the fix! Surprised b/c I was running it off an Anker USB hub, I wouldn't have suspected a voltage issue...now that's it's running off an independent USB charger, it's running smoothly.

Good to hear you have it running again. The Wio and P25RX combo most likely draws a bit more current than the hub could supply.

BTT likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum