BlueTail Technologies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
LennyG47

MicroP25RX initial setup Empty MicroP25RX initial setup

Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:28 am
I am awaiting the arrival of my MicroP25rx, and have downloaded all the files I think I will need. I am also doing LOTS of reading to get familiar with the system.
Maybe I am getting ahead of myself, but I was trying to create a step-by-step guide on initially setting it up with the Wio terminal. I had been using SDRTrunk with 2 RTL-SDR dongles. I am in a terrible multicast area, and hope this NANO will be better!
Goldmyne99

MicroP25RX initial setup Empty Re: MicroP25RX initial setup

Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:37 am
LennyG47 wrote:I am awaiting the arrival of my MicroP25rx, and have downloaded all the files I think I will need. I am also doing LOTS of reading to get familiar with the system.
Maybe I am getting ahead of myself, but I was trying to create a step-by-step guide on initially setting it up with the Wio terminal. I had been using SDRTrunk with 2 RTL-SDR dongles. I am in a terrible multicast area, and hope this NANO will be better!

Hi!

The NanoP25RX and the MicroP25RX run different radio FW at this time.

You mention both the Micro and the Nano in your posting.

Setting up the Wio Terminal is the same for both the Nano and the Micro.

This link has info on how the radio FW and the Wio UF2 files are updated.

The FW update process is also the same for both models. Again, the radio FW is different between the two models.

BTT MicroP25RX FW page

edit: Just to be a bit more clear in my posting - the radio FW file and the Wio UF2 file are different between the Micro and the Nano. The update process is the same.
LennyG47

MicroP25RX initial setup Empty Nano Setup

Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:55 pm
I am getting the NANO. My mixup. I already have the Wio terminal, and I see it gets programmed to work with the NANO. I'm guessing the Nano arrives ready-to-go?
Goldmyne99

Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:04 pm
LennyG47 wrote: I'm guessing the Nano arrives ready-to-go?

Todd will be able to answer what Nano firmware shipped with your unit.

The Nano will need to be configured for your local system. The Micro's user guide and quick start guide talks about setting up an active control channel and then importing TGs, etc.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum