BlueTail Technologies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
kn4vxp

Nano Not Outputting Sound Empty Nano Not Outputting Sound

Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:46 pm
Hello everyone,

I’m having issues with a new Nano I purchased. I was able to flash the firmware to the Nano, and add the firmware to the Wio. I added the FCC files to a new micro sd card and put it in the nano. I purchased the antenna Todd suggested and have also tried a Nagoya NA-771 VHF/UHF which seems to be receiving audio when comparing my old scanner on an active frequency; as the spectrum monitor changes. However, there so no eligible audio just fuzz. I checked the ensure it wasn’t muted, I used ear phones, I used external speakers powered by 9 volt battery; but nothing works.

I thought maybe the Wio needs a SD Card but the forum negated that idea.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with this particular issue?

All the best,
Chad

Nano Not Outputting Sound Img_2711

Last edited by kn4vxp on Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackswan

Nano Not Outputting Sound Empty Re: Nano Not Outputting Sound

Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:18 pm
Is it by chance a 700mhz P25 phase 2 system?

B.S.
kn4vxp

Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:49 pm
Blackswan wrote:Is it by chance a 700mhz P25 phase 2 system?

https://www(dot)radioreference.com/db/sid/3918

Replace (dot) with actual .

Fayetteville Washington County

Not sure.
Blackswan

Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:35 pm
Looks like a 800mhz P25 phase 2. There are two designated control channel frequencies. Try entering one of these as a new P25 system then let the Nano learn the system. If you don’t receive anything reset and repeat with the other frequency

B.S.
kn4vxp

Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:02 pm
Blackswan wrote:Looks like a 800mhz  P25 phase 2.   There are two designated control channel frequencies. Try entering one of these as a new P25 system then let the Nano learn the system. If you don’t receive anything reset and repeat with the other frequency

B.S.

Tried that had the same results.
SteveH

Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:28 pm
Are you getting any traffic signals

SteveH likes this post

kn4vxp

Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:56 pm
SteveH wrote:Are you getting any traffic signals

It looks like there is traffic and I can hear the traffic on my old scanner. The visual spectrum matches the audio pattern on my other scanner, but there isn’t any audio output. I think it’s receiving but no sound is available.
Blackswan

Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:59 pm
Are you using earbuds or headphones. The Nano will not work with most external speakers unless they are amplified

B.S.
kn4vxp

Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:13 pm
Blackswan wrote:Are you using earbuds or headphones. The Nano will not work with most external speakers unless they are amplified

B.S.

I’ve tried with earbuds and amplified speakers. I can hear the white noise to keep Bluetooth from diying so I know the audio is somewhat working.
BTT
BTT
Admin

Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:10 pm
Hi @kn4vxp,
Just finished responding to your email. In the video, you are receiving an FMNB signal. In order to hear the audio from that analog FMNB signal, you will need to add a non-p25 section to your configuration. DEMOD=2, DECODER=9999. See section 13.0 of the user manual. You can email me your backup/configuration file and I will help you configure it if you still have issues.

kn4vxp likes this post

BTT
BTT
Admin

Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:50 pm
I sent a configuration via email that should have the two analog FMNB and the two P25 control channels for AWIN / Fayette configured with roaming mode 5. Let us know how that works. Thanks!

SteveH and kn4vxp like this post

kn4vxp

Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:29 pm
It’s working well. Todd, thank you for the quick help and the trouble shooting. I’m very happy with it’s performance.

One suggestion, would it be possible to make a
switch with a hollow end that slides over the little switch on the side for when it’s in the enclosure; to extend it just a tad?

BTT likes this post

BTT
BTT
Admin

Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:37 pm
kn4vxp wrote:It’s working well. Todd, thank you for the quick help and the trouble shooting. I’m very happy with it’s performance.

switch with a hollow end that slides over the little switch on the side for when it’s in the enclosure; to extend it just a tad?  

Excellent. The constellation looks really good!  Let me think about how to do the slide switch extention. I might be able to print a replacement for that part. It would require disassembling the Wio enclosure. I was thinking about making replacement buttons for the top buttons as well. I would like them to be black instead of blue.

kn4vxp likes this post

kn4vxp

Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:40 pm
BTT wrote:
kn4vxp wrote:It’s working well. Todd, thank you for the quick help and the trouble shooting. I’m very happy with it’s performance.

Excellent. The constellation looks really good!  Let me think about how to do the slide switch extention. I might be able to print a replacement for that part. It would require disassembling the Wio enclosure. I was thinking about making replacement buttons for the top buttons as well. I would like them to be black instead of blue.

I also got the opportunity to play with it for a couple days, so I can navigate it pretty well now. 😂

BTT likes this post

BTT
BTT
Admin

Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:17 am
The Wio top-button replacement worked first time! I'll work on the slider switch replacement tomorrow evening.
Nano Not Outputting Sound Wio_top_buttons

freqseeker and Cheif like this post

BTT
BTT
Admin

Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:08 pm

The slider switch extension is working. It is more of a challenge to get the Wio into the enclosure, but it works.

Nano Not Outputting Sound Wio_slider_switch

freqseeker and Cheif like this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum