BlueTail Technologies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
dispatchgeek

P25RX re-initializes with each power cycle Empty P25RX re-initializes with each power cycle

Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:59 am
I've had an issue with my P25RX recently where it appears to re-initialize with each power cycle.

My P25RX is plugged into my laptop dock. It powers down when I shut my laptop off and leave for the night. Recently, when it powers up, it appears to just have a power light and a solid green SIG light. Once I fire up the most recent version of BGConfig, it appears my roaming table and TG list are being over written with default values (859.xxxx power on freq, empty roaming table, TG list has one TG in it, I think 555.) P25RX has Sig and TG lights rapidly flashing during this state. I am able to repopulate all my data and everything works fine after that.

The blue button on the device is not stuck or shorted and works fine during operation.

One important note is that if Pro96_en is enabled, it does not get reinitialized.

Ideas for getting this to not have amnesia every time I come into the office in the morning?

Last edited by dispatchgeek on Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Had to create post from mobile, PC webpage is missing create topic button.)
BTT
BTT
Admin

P25RX re-initializes with each power cycle Empty Re: P25RX re-initializes with each power cycle

Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:15 pm
dispatchgeek wrote:I've had an issue with my P25RX recently where it appears to re-initialize with each power cycle.

My P25RX is plugged into my laptop dock. It powers down when I shut my laptop off and leave for the night. Recently, when it powers up, it appears to  just have a power light and a solid green SIG light. Once I fire up the most recent version of BGConfig, it appears my roaming table and TG list are being over written with default values (859.xxxx power on freq, empty roaming table, TG list has one TG in it, I think 555.) P25RX has Sig and TG lights rapidly flashing during this state.  I am able to repopulate all my data and everything works fine after that.

The blue button on the device is not stuck or shorted and works fine during operation.

One important note is that if Pro96_en is enabled, it does not get reinitialized.

Ideas for getting this to not have amnesia every time I come into the office in the morning?

If you want to send it in, I can replace the MCU. I will have to charge for it. They are available now. This is assuming that the flash is worn out. I assume you already tried the 'factory 1' command?
dispatchgeek

P25RX re-initializes with each power cycle Empty Re: P25RX re-initializes with each power cycle

Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:33 am
I gave factory 1 one more try. It lost everything on the next plugin.

Would you like me to e-mail you regarding repair arrangements?
BTT
BTT
Admin

Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:31 pm
dispatchgeek wrote:I gave factory 1 one more try. It lost everything on the next plugin.

Would you like me to e-mail you regarding repair arrangements?

Yes, please send email. Thanks!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum