BlueTail Technologies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
dispatchgeek

P25RX Roaming Empty P25RX Roaming

Thu May 11, 2023 10:07 am
I had posted previously on RR forums about the P25RX failing to latch onto any talkgroups after a random period of time when roaming is enabled. I believe that it was supposed to be fixed when the P25RX development allowed multi-system scanning in the way the P25RX II does.

The primary reason for purchasing the P25RX was to be used as a mobile receiver in my vehicle. I commute through multiple sites every day. The receiver has to be able to roam amongst sites to fulfill this role.

I had been running a private stream via smart phone from a base scanner, but with Michigan's new cell phone laws aiming to take place next month, I have a renewed need to look at getting radios in the car again.

I'll be honest- I'm not as worried about the original P25RX having multi-system scanning as I am getting roaming back. Is there any chance I could get the roaming feature repaired?

BTT
BTT
Admin

P25RX Roaming Empty Re: P25RX Roaming

Fri May 12, 2023 3:45 am
dispatchgeek wrote:I had posted previously on RR forums about the P25RX failing to latch onto any talkgroups after a random period of time when roaming is enabled. I believe that it was supposed to be fixed when the P25RX development allowed multi-system scanning in the way the P25RX II does.

The primary reason for purchasing the P25RX was to be used as a mobile receiver in my vehicle. I commute through multiple sites every day. The receiver has to be able to roam amongst sites to fulfill this role.

I had been running a private stream via smart phone from a base scanner, but with Michigan's new cell phone laws aiming to take place next month, I have a renewed need to look at getting radios in the car again.

I'll be honest- I'm not as worried about the original P25RX having multi-system scanning as I am getting roaming back. Is there any chance I could get the roaming feature repaired?

I'll see if I can reproduce the issue here. I assume you are running the latest firmware? Can you recall what version you first started noticed issues with the roaming feature?
dispatchgeek

Fri May 12, 2023 5:52 am
I am using current software, and this is still occurring.

I went back through previous posts, My first post commenting on this was software version- 2 10 1045.

The P25RX will roam successfuly for roughly 20-30 mins, and then I'll notice no traffic/audio. I can see the roaming frequency changes, and the two towers it can hear from this location do indicate on the signal level graph. The SIG LED on the device itself is solidly lit green, even though it's cycling through sites with no signal. The LED display in BTConfig is unlit. When it goes into failure mode, typically it shows 0/blks per second for every site, regardless of signal strength.

I can do a reset or a power cycle, and normal operation will resume again for 20-30 mins or so.

The P25RX will run all day without a problem if roaming is disabled.
BTT
BTT
Admin

Fri May 12, 2023 9:33 pm
dispatchgeek wrote:I am using current software, and this is still occurring.

I went back through previous posts, My first post commenting on this was software version-  2 10 1045.

The P25RX will roam successfuly for roughly 20-30 mins, and then I'll notice no traffic/audio. I can see the roaming frequency changes, and the two towers it can hear from this location do indicate on the signal level graph. The SIG LED on the device itself is solidly lit green, even though it's cycling through sites with no signal. The LED display in BTConfig is unlit. When it goes into failure mode, typically it shows 0/blks per second for every site, regardless of signal strength.

I can do a reset or a power cycle, and normal operation will resume again for 20-30 mins or so.

The P25RX will run all day without a problem if roaming is disabled. 

Please give this version a try and see if it fixes the issue with roaming.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0289/8224/7521/files/BTConfig-2023-05-12_2124.exe

dispatchgeek likes this post

dispatchgeek

Sat May 13, 2023 4:00 am
My unit is sitting on my desk right now at work. I appreciate the fast turn around and I’ll give it a spin on Monday morning!
dispatchgeek

Mon May 15, 2023 10:29 am
New firmware did the trick! It's been soaking for 6 hours now, happily roaming away. Thanks!

BTT, FreqNOut and cheeseburgers like this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum