BlueTail Technologies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
K3FTW

P25RX vs II Empty P25RX vs II

Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:25 pm
Hey Todd, all. I wasn't exactly one of the first to buy the original receiver, but I love my P25RX.

Is the 2 a big upgrade over the first iteration?

And it's been so long since I have updated the firmware or even been on the website, I forgot how to do it. Is it in the BTConfig program?

Thanks,
David.
BTT
BTT
Admin

P25RX vs II Empty Re: P25RX vs II

Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:05 pm
K3FTW wrote:Hey Todd, all.  I wasn't exactly one of the first to buy the original receiver, but I love my P25RX.

Is the 2 a big upgrade over the first iteration?

And it's been so long since I have updated the firmware or even been on the website, I forgot how to do it.  Is it in the BTConfig program?

Thanks,
David.

Hi David,

The P25RX-II was developed to replace the P25RX because of parts shortages. It does use different components and does the DSP differently. The P25RX-II may do a better job around some cell towers due to IF filtering and DSP. If you aren't having issues with that, then you probably wouldn't notice a large difference when using the BTCFG-II version of the software. There is an "advanced tree-view" version of the software/firmware for the P25RX-II that was a large re-write to add support for multi-mode scanning. It isn't documented very well expect for the threads on RR. It is a steep learning curve if you are used to the non-treeview version of the software. The firmware change log history is in the firmware download area. Depending on when you last updated, there may have been some nice improvements. TG zones were a good one if you have a lot of talk groups to deal with and you would like to be able to partition them into groups that you can quickly enable/disable. There is also RDIO support. You can find the latest version of P25RX firmware/software here:

https://bluetailtechnologies.com/pages/p25rx-firmware-software
K3FTW

Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:14 pm
Thank you for the quick reply. I will check it out when I get home from work. The advanced tree view sounds like something I'll mess with too.
BTT
BTT
Admin

Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:15 pm
K3FTW wrote:Thank you for the quick reply.  I will check it out when I get home from work. The advanced tree view sounds like something I'll mess with too.  

The advanced tree view is the P25RX-II only. Sorry for the confusion on that point.
K3FTW

Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:45 pm
Oh oh no problem. I may just buy a II just to have another receiver. It's an addiction. Thanks again.

BTT and freqseeker like this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum