BlueTail Technologies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BTT
BTT
Admin

Simple Nano / Wio desktop stand Empty Simple Nano / Wio desktop stand

Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:24 am
This is still a work in-progress. I found this desktop stand here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6352130 and have been modifying it to work with the Nano / Wio. It prints really good with PLA and tree structure supports. I'm going to be adding a place to insert the 700/800 antenna on top. Here are a couple of screen caps and a link to the STL file for those with a printer. Note that this is not the "enclosure" that I'm working on for the Nano, but it does serve as a nice little desktop stand for the Nano/Wio.

STL model
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0289/8224/7521/files/Wio_SCD30_F_mod_rev4.stl?v=1704719700

Simple Nano / Wio desktop stand Wio_stand1

Simple Nano / Wio desktop stand Wio_stand2
Blackswan

Simple Nano / Wio desktop stand Empty Re: Simple Nano / Wio desktop stand

Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:04 am
First off I will be purchasing a nano in a week or so, as soon as my HP2 sells on eBay.  It is sold as there are 6 bids on it.  I have the screen and an aluminum enclosure from a Ubitx project.  My problem is with the nano attached directly to the wio, I can’t figure out how to design the face plate for my project.  What I would like to know is if the nano can be extended away from the Wio with a 40 pin extension cable.  In theory at least it should work, but I read somewhere this was tried with either the micro or nano, I don’t remember, and it wouldn’t work.  If the nano board can be extended away from the Wio that would be great
BTT
BTT
Admin

Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:19 am
Blackswan wrote:  If the nano board can be extended away from the Wio that would be great

Goldmyne99 showed that this can be done with a ribbon cable extension in a previous post.

Blackswan likes this post

Goldmyne99

Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:33 am
Simple Nano / Wio desktop stand Img_0911

Short 8 inch jumpers on the four SPI lines, 5v,  and ground tested on both the MicroP25RX and NanoP25RX. Care should be taken as SPI lines generally are PCB trace connections. Longer wires may be impacted by noise entering the extension wires. Short jumpers should work.

BTT and Blackswan like this post

Blackswan

Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:49 am
Cool. My current design is still in the layout stage, but basically it Will be a nano mounted inside the enclosure with connections to the front panel mounted Wio, a rear panel mounted bnc connector connected to the nano with a short sma cable, and a 5w audio amp connected to either a top mount or front mounted 2” speaker.  Front controls would be the Wio, power, and volume. Power and programming will be accomplished through a rear mounted micro usb connector

BTT likes this post

BTT
BTT
Admin

Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:57 am
Blackswan wrote:Cool. My current design is still in the layout stage, but basically it Will be a nano mounted inside the enclosure with connections to the front panel mounted Wio, a rear panel mounted bnc connector connected to the nano with a short sma cable, and a 5w audio amp connected to either a top mount or front mounted 2” speaker.  Front controls would be the Wio, power, and volume.  Power and programming will be accomplished through a rear mounted micro usb connector

Sounds like a good project. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Cheif and Blackswan like this post

SteveH

Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:11 am
I am using a plastic cell phone desk top stand that works great

BTT, Cheif and Blackswan like this post

FP761

Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:34 am
SteveH wrote:I am using a plastic cell phone desk top stand that works great

Steve: Could you please share pics of your setup using the Cellphone stand? I am curious as to it's access to external connections. I have ordered a Nano and am researching mounting options.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum