BlueTail Technologies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
scannerboy02

Talker Alias Empty Talker Alias

Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:43 am
Over on the RR Duke Energy P25 System thread it was discovered that a few of the Harris P25 systems are sending Talker Alias over the air and I was wondering if it was possible to somehow see this information in the BlueTail Configuration Software?
BTT
BTT
Admin

Talker Alias Empty Re: Talker Alias

Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:10 pm
scannerboy02 wrote:Over on the RR Duke Energy P25 System thread it was discovered that a few of the Harris P25 systems are sending Talker Alias over the air and I was wondering if it was possible to somehow see this information in the BlueTail Configuration Software?

Can you share any links to technical information? I assume this is something new for these type of systems. They are actually sending the alpha descriptions over the air now?
scannerboy02

Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:04 am
BTT wrote:Can you share any links to technical information?
I personally don't have any technical information but some stuff was posted in the RR thread starting around post number 530 that may or may not be helpful.

BTT wrote:I assume this is something new for these type of systems.
This is not necessarily new as I have heard of this being possible for many years, but it appears this was newly discovered by the monitoring community as actually occurring.

BTT wrote:They are actually sending the alpha descriptions over the air now?
Yep. Being able to see this information could make it much easier for figuring out who's using a particular talk group, especially on an encrypted talk group and/or new radio system.

If the BTT software were able to decode this information it would likely add even more value (as if what's already doable weren't enough) as it appears most other monitoring software doesn't support this capability.

BTT likes this post

BTT
BTT
Admin

Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:13 pm
Cool. I will keep an eye on this. It doesn't look like the DSD-FME guy has commited that code to his github repo yet, but I will keep checking on this.

scannerboy02 likes this post

bstafford

Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:27 pm
Motorola also has this capability as of a certain release, although I don't remember which specifically. Obviously the implementation will be different than Harris, however this could be yet another feature that is truly groundbreaking.

BTT and scannerboy02 like this post

Scannerdude244

Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:08 pm
Hey Todd long time no talk, My local system started doing OTA alias DSD+ FL decodes alias just fine on a Harris system

BTT likes this post

BTT
BTT
Admin

Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:06 pm
Scannerdude244 wrote:Hey Todd long time no talk, My local system started doing OTA alias DSD+ FL decodes alias just fine on a Harris system

Just ran across a document that indicates that there are efforts underway for both FDMA and TDMA OTA alias updates.

Scannerdude244 likes this post

BTT
BTT
Admin

Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:24 am
This is a link to the presentation that mentions OTA FDMA/TDMA alias updates (page 5). I checked FLME-DSD for any updates to the github repository. I didn't see anything new. I'll research it more this weekend. If anyone runs across the Harris documents mentioned, please post a link.
https://www.project25.org/images/stories/ptig/P25_Standards_Updates/P25%20TIA%20TR-8%20Standards%20Update%20-%20August%202022%20220825.pdf

scannerboy02 likes this post

Scannerdude244

Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:39 am
Here is a screen shot on DSD+  they are just upgrading the system to TDMA and  and I guess OTA was part of it. It's just a testing https://imgur.com/a/gBZzF7A
BTT
BTT
Admin

Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:43 pm
I received an email today that should help to get the OTA alias for Harris added.  (opcode 0x28 on the TDMA control channels).

pcman67, scannerboy02 and Scannerdude244 like this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum