BlueTail Technologies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
N9ihx

Downloading csv -dsd files from radio reference questions  Empty Downloading csv -dsd files from radio reference questions

Sat May 04, 2024 2:39 pm
Having fun trying to figure out how to configure the talkgroup files into my P25rxII. Does the header in the download file have to match the tg editor header? I am getting first line must contain column header error. No where have I seen anything saying this needs to be changed?
N9ihx

Downloading csv -dsd files from radio reference questions  Empty Re: Downloading csv -dsd files from radio reference questions

Sun May 05, 2024 9:42 am
Got them to read in but they still say unknown?
N9ihx

Downloading csv -dsd files from radio reference questions  Empty Re: Downloading csv -dsd files from radio reference questions

Sun May 05, 2024 3:31 pm
Got them loading in with my laptop but having issues with my windows ten atom processor tablet loading talkgroups.
N9ihx

Mon May 06, 2024 10:22 am
Anybody had any luck loading talkgroups into an atom processor tablet? Starts to load in then locks up.
FreqNOut

Mon May 06, 2024 10:39 am
N9ihx wrote:Anybody had any luck loading talkgroups into an atom processor tablet? Starts to load in then locks up.

How much RAM is in the Win 10 tablet.? Perhaps it is a low memory issue since the btt app is Java based.
N9ihx

Mon May 06, 2024 10:56 am
Not much only 2 gig .
FreqNOut

Mon May 06, 2024 12:08 pm
N9ihx wrote:Not much only 2 gig .

You could try exporting some of the TGs from the laptop you have working and then importing them into the tablet.

I am suggesting the btt export so they are already in the btt format, not the dsd/rr format.

Another option would be to reduce the total number of TGs imported to see if that uses less ram.

I do not have an rxII to test any of my suggestions.
N9ihx

Mon May 06, 2024 3:23 pm
I have tried about everything I can think of including your suggestion. I tried installing and writing the file from the laptop. I tried writing from the laptop and reading back in and the tablet just can’t seem to handle it. Tried reducing the talkgroups also but still to many I guess. Best way so far seems to be writing from the laptop then just using the tablet to act as a display.
FreqNOut

Mon May 06, 2024 3:56 pm
One final thought on the Win 10 Tablet lockup. Perhaps it is due to the tablet's USB speed not able to handle the data throughput.
BTT
BTT
Admin

Mon May 06, 2024 5:22 pm
Have you tried changing the options for "USB Interface Speed" in the advanced tab?
N9ihx

Tue May 07, 2024 4:34 am
Yes I Itried the speed option also didn’t change anything. Works fine as a display and control unit just can’t do anything with the talkgroups. Loaded them in with a laptop and they all are showing the the correct info so I am happy with it as a display. Think I just have way to many talkgroups for it to handle. I see you shipped my Nano so I will have another unit to setup soon. The P25RX-II works great itself quite happy with the performance.
Thanks

BTT likes this post

FreqNOut

Tue May 07, 2024 5:47 am
I am curious on what brand/model Windows 10 Tablet you are running with the rxII?
N9ihx

Tue May 07, 2024 7:17 am
Its a medical use type unit Onyx 700 they are cheap on ebay running 10 thought it would make a nice display. I think Java  screws up the touchpad but keyboard mouse ok.

FreqNOut likes this post

N9ihx

Tue May 07, 2024 7:43 am

BTT and FreqNOut like this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum