BlueTail Technologies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Blackswan

WIO Top Buttons Empty WIO Top Buttons

Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:20 pm
I’m wanting to mount my WIO behind a faceplate and I want to duplicate the button functions on top of the WIO with push buttons on the faceplate. goldmyne emailed me the pins on the GPIO header that does that, but I lost the info. On the SEEED forum I found the following information:
Pin Button
28 BUTTON 1 (rightmost)
29 BUTTON 2 (centre)
30 BUTTON 3 (leftmost)
In addition the Wio Terminal has a digital joystick connected to the following pins:
Pin Action
31 UP
32 LEFT
33 RIGHT
34 DOWN
35 PRESS
The pins should be configured as input-pullup, and they are low when pressed.

This seems to be in error since according to the WIO published pinout, pin 30 is ground. But the buttons work by pulling the pin low. Since button 3 is supposed to be pin 30, and pin 30 is ground, how can this be?

B.S.
Goldmyne99

WIO Top Buttons Empty Re: WIO Top Buttons

Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:01 pm
The same GPIO picture I sent to you is in the Wio Terminal user manual.

NONE of the Wio Terminal Top Buttons nor the 5 way Joystick are connected to any of the GPIO pins.

Custom Wio FW code is required to map the top buttons to the GPIO digital pins to connect remote buttons. I should still have the Wio FW code I created to test this remote button idea. Send me an email again and we can try to get your idea working.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum