BlueTail Technologies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Blackswan

Memory comparison  Empty Memory comparison

Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:44 pm
Has any had any real time with both memory options?  Any noticeable difference in actual usage? Reception, scan speed, etc.  I’m trying to decide which option to go with and if the Fram option would be cost effective for me.  I will be monitoring one system with between 7-12 talkgroups, and about 10 analog VHF freqs .
B.S.
pcman67
pcman67

Memory comparison  Empty Re: Memory comparison

Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:25 pm
Since you are only scanning one system with a dozen talkgroups and 10 freqs, I personally would go for the fram option just because I like maximum performance but realistically you probably wouldn’t notice much of a difference monitoring the one system. It would be interesting to do a side by side comparison between the two memory technologies. I think fram really starts to shine when you have more systems, talkgroups and frequencies that you monitor. I still don’t regret spending the extra $ for the fram option.

BTT and Blackswan like this post

Blackswan

Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:26 pm
Thank you. eBay is supposed to pay me tomorrow so if they do I’ll be purchasing it tomorrow afternoon
B.S.

BTT likes this post

Blackswan

Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:06 pm
I went ahead and purchased it with the fram option. Thank you for your advice
B.S.

BTT likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum