BlueTail Technologies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
mws1972

Not connecting to device Empty Not connecting to device

Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:34 pm
The other day while I was monitoring a system. I heard the computer sound an disconnect. After a bit I determined it was the Blue Mark 2. Since then I have tried several times to get it to reconnect and run, but no joy. When I am trying I can see the power led on, TG is flashing as is the sig. led. Watching the list of connections I can see the various devices when I disconnect and re-connect the BlueTail never shows up.
FreqNOut

Not connecting to device Empty Re: Not connecting to device

Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:17 pm
Are you using a usb hub or direct connection to a usb port? Windows 10  or Mac ?
mws1972

Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:00 pm
hub, don't have enough physical outlets for USB for each device I have connected. WIN10
FreqNOut

Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:58 pm
To troubleshoot, I would try connecting the BTT radio without the hub. It appears your BTT radio is getting power based on the LEDs but not a data connection to Win10 usb. A data cable might also be bad. Is it a P25RX, RXII?

edit: There is also a USB interface speed option in the BTCONFIG software. You could try different speeds to see if one speed connects better than another.

BTT likes this post

BTT
BTT
Admin

Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:14 am
4.3 Recover From Failed Firmware Update / Bootloader Mode
Something went wrong during a firmware update. Maybe power was lost? Now the P25RX SIG and TG leds are flashing rapidly at a constant rate. The leds indicate that the device is in bootloader mode. Solution: Re-start the BTConfig software. The firmware will be automatically updated. Once the BTConfig software verifies that the firmware was successfully installed, it will return the device to the normal application operating mode. In the very unlikely event that something more catastrophic went wrong, you can initiate the bootloader mode by holding down the TG button during power-up and wait for approximately 10 seconds until the leds light up. Release the TG button and wait for a couple of seconds. The SIG and TG leds should start flashing rapidly at a constant rate. After this, follow the above solution to finish installing the firmware update. If the device is in bootloader mode when the BTConfig software is started, you may see an option to erase the talk group and roaming flash areas.
You can bypass the erase option. If you continue to have issues, you should try responding with to the erase option in order to resolve potential issues
with corrupted flash areas. You can use your backup files to restore the talk group and roaming flash areas after the erase.
BTT
BTT
Admin

Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:18 am
Let me know if the previous response doesn't help. You can always send an email too. As long as the SIG / TG leds are flashing, you know the bootloader is running. It is waiting for the firmware to be loaded.
mws1972

Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:44 pm
I seem to have a problem finding the BTConfig software, is there a win version posted somewhere?
BTT
BTT
Admin

Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:58 pm
mws1972 wrote:I seem to have a problem finding the BTConfig software, is there a win version posted somewhere?

Which receiver do you have?  Does it show P25RX or P25RX-II on the receiver?

P25RX software here:
https://bluetailtechnologies.com/pages/p25rx-firmware-software

P25RX-II here:
https://bluetailtechnologies.com/pages/p25rx-ii
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum